We help people create and grow high-tech businessess. Our goals are to increase your chance of success; maximize the value of what you are creating; and help you cross the finish line faster.
We practice an unusual type of interventional consultancy — involving a blend of analysis, strategic advisory services, and hands-on intervention. This takes an unusual combination of skills.
Rare Skill Combination.
We can offer particularly effective help because of an uncommon mix of skills, experience and knowledge:
- Senior management experience in high technology businesses: we know what it’s like to be in your shoes, and what it takes to succeed;
- Track record of successful consulting engagements with clients ranging from startups to large multinational companies: we know how to provide effective help;
- Expertise in both technology and market analysis: we know how to find out what customers will need several years in the future, and understand what a technology could be capable of by then;
- A great deal of hands-on experience with customer development and the search for product / market fit — including many, many customer interviews and group interactions;
- Deep industry expertise and a global perspective: we know already a great deal about the industries in which we specialize, and the activities of their key participants in North America, Europe and Asia.
Global Focus. New Markets. New Technologies.
We work with startups; large, established companies; and research organizations — in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Much of our work is in markets and industries in which things are changing rapidly, or new disruptive technologies are emerging and creating turmoil.
Most of our clients are focused on growth: through new products, new markets, new business initiatives, or through acquisitions. Commonly, some form of innovative science or technology lies at the heart of their business.
Industry Domain Expertise
Our overall focus is on high technology growth businesses. Engagements have been in fields such as digital health, medical devices, communications components, cleantech, homeland security, applications of photonics, and the intersection of aging and technology.
We have an ongoing research activity investigating markets we believe will be promising loci of future innovation. This helps us to offer deep industry insight, and enables us to be productive immediately when we work in those markets. We specialize in markets and industries in which things are changing rapidly, or new disruptive technologies are emerging and creating turmoil.
Because many companies view the world through the lens of a specific technology, we have a watching brief on specific technological fields as well as on specific markets. We spend time thinking about the full range of possible product categories, in all industries, that might be impacted by those technologies.
Dr. Richard Caro leads all of TangibleFuture’s projects. Depending on the scope of the project, and the specific industry expertise it calls for, we may put together a small team drawn from our resource network of deeply experienced industry veterans.
Richard G. Caro
Dr. Richard G. Caro has over 30 years of experience at the intersection of technology and business — as startup CEO; startup CTO; scientist/inventor; angel investor; and advisor to emerging growth companies in fields such as agetech; medical devices / healthcare; digital health; telecom; & photonics.
Read Dr. Caro’s Biography
While some of our projects are executed by Dr. Caro alone, we also sometimes tackle more complex projects that need a larger team.
TangibleFuture’s business model involves working with a network of specialized, independent industry experts, as well as with industry analyst firms where appropriate. We assemble our teams from this network on a project-by-project basis. We believe this allows us to assemble the optimal team for a given project, with the added benefit of avoiding unproductive overhead.
Read an introduction by Richard Caro, about why he founded TangibleFuture.