A virtual or interim CTO adds CTO-level horsepower to your team, but is a variable resource that can be scaled up or down as needed.
Who does the work?
TangibleFuture’s virtual CTO service is delivered solely by Dr. Richard Caro.
- Review Dr. Richard Caro’s bio
- Verticals: Medical devices; Health 2.0; Telecommunications; Photonics; Cleantech (selected verticals); Novel products based on physical sciences.
Example objectives for a virtual CTO project
Here are a few of the critical objectives a virtual CTO can tackle for you:
- Identify the key technical milestones needed to demonstrate that your technology “works”, prior to the next financing round;
- Put together a robust product roadmap and technology development plan, including timelines, milestones, key team skill sets, and budgets;
- Help you hire the initial technical team, and make sure you have an A-player team that can work effectively to hit the key milestones.
- Help troubleshoot key technology issues when your team gets “stuck”;
- Review your current IP portfolio and decide what needs to be done to turn it into a strong barrier to competitors, and an asset for capital raising;
- Put together a high powered Scientific Advisory Board;
- Lead the technical team on a day-to-day basis to ensure you hit your milestones during some agreed upon interim time period;
- Help you select the right permanent CTO for your business.
Who is our Virtual CTO service for?
Businesses based on complex science and technology which need CTO-level expertise on a temporary or variable basis.
Examples of when this is a good idea:
- you are not yet far enough along to attract the right calibre individual as a permanent employee;
- you are searching for a permanent CTO but finding the right individual will take months and you need help right now;
- your team is short of bandwidth and you need a short term, heavy hitter with CTO-level experience for a specific project.
To take the next step
- Contact Us: to talk with Dr. Caro, and discuss whether he can help you.